Making All Men See

Mark Twain has been quoted as saying, "It is easier to fool people than it is to convince people that they have been fooled." I agree with him. Religiously speaking, I was one of those "fooled" people for four decades of my life. Satan's "ministers of righteousness" (II Cor. 11:13-15) working inside the church were effective in blinding me to "God's Grace Program" while feeding me a steady diet of law based performance. I began my "recovery" from Satan's trap (II Tim. 2:26) thirteen years ago when I unexpectedly came face to face with the "key to understanding the Bible" (Luke 11:52). My education and edification in God's program of grace has progressively stabilized my life just like God promised it would in Romans 16:25. May this blog be used of God to liberate the world's largest religious denomination---"ignorant brethren". (Rom. 1:13)

A Child's Dad


A Child's Dad

I may never be as clever as a neighbor you might meet, I may never be as wealthy as some broker on Wall Street. I may not be able to claim the achievements that famous men have had, But I've just got to be successful as my sons’ and daughter’s Dad.

There are certain goals I cherish, that I'd like to see come true, There are things I'd like to accomplish before my working days are through. But the responsibility my heart is set on, the assignment at which I must not fail; is to nurture my sons and daughter, and see that their souls are kept from hell.

While I may never retire wealthy because I wisely invested in gold, And men may count me as a failure when my religious views are told. But if my children grow up to be wise and godly, then I'll be glad, Because I'll know I've been successful as my children’s Dad.

It's the one job that is essential; it’s a privilege that deserves my best, For if I fail my sons and daughter, I have really failed a crucial test. To train a child for Jesus is life’s highest call, and I am glad as I look back I can say I gave each of you my all.

My performance was far from perfect, of that we all agree; Please remember where I came from and what I had to call family.

Babies are such a blessing, children are so much fun. When you reflect on the joy they bring you wonder why you decided to be “done”. When it comes to having children, God’s Word is surely true; Adam was to multiply and to know when the next baby was due.

Now children can bring you pleasure, sometimes they can cause you pain; But for me a life without children, would be a life lived in vain. Because of you---Brian, Kyle, Kevin, Daniel, Phillip, Brad, Amy, Alex and two we never saw--we have had quite an adventure, one that I truly do not regret. I count each of you a rare treasure, a part of a special team I hope you will never forget.

All My Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

number of visitors