Making All Men See

Mark Twain has been quoted as saying, "It is easier to fool people than it is to convince people that they have been fooled." I agree with him. Religiously speaking, I was one of those "fooled" people for four decades of my life. Satan's "ministers of righteousness" (II Cor. 11:13-15) working inside the church were effective in blinding me to "God's Grace Program" while feeding me a steady diet of law based performance. I began my "recovery" from Satan's trap (II Tim. 2:26) thirteen years ago when I unexpectedly came face to face with the "key to understanding the Bible" (Luke 11:52). My education and edification in God's program of grace has progressively stabilized my life just like God promised it would in Romans 16:25. May this blog be used of God to liberate the world's largest religious denomination---"ignorant brethren". (Rom. 1:13)

Congratulations!!!


Pictured above is one of my seven sons---Kevin. Standing by his side is his future wife---Tiffany. One of the joys of being a parent is to pray for and counsel your children as they develop friendships and ultimately choose to place their love on and in one person for a lifetime. As every married Christian knows, this is serious business. My wife and I could not have asked for a more responsible and stable son than Kevin. He has got the right "stuff" that will make his home an awesome embassy of our Lord Jesus Christ and an example to his brothers and sister.

Pam and I give our full blessing to this wedding planned for mid-summer. We believe that Kevin has made a wise choice by asking Tiffany to marry him. We welcome her into our family. Both Kevin and Tiffany are Christians and neither of them are ashamed of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (I Cor. 15:1-4). Tiffany is not a young woman who has been sitting around hoping for the right man to come along. She has been hustling while she has been waiting. She brings a lot to the table. She has earned her Bachelor's Degree; her college education provided her with several opportunities to travel abroad; she has good Christian character and she is gainfully employed. These accomplishments will greatly aid her in her role as wife and mother. As Kevin likes to say---on top of all that, she's pretty.

Our greatest desire for Kevin and Tiffany is the same desire we have for all our married children--- Romans 16:25-26 (Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, [26] But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:) To fail in this responsibility is to "frustrate the grace of God." (Gal. 2:21)

All my love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

number of visitors