Making All Men See

Mark Twain has been quoted as saying, "It is easier to fool people than it is to convince people that they have been fooled." I agree with him. Religiously speaking, I was one of those "fooled" people for four decades of my life. Satan's "ministers of righteousness" (II Cor. 11:13-15) working inside the church were effective in blinding me to "God's Grace Program" while feeding me a steady diet of law based performance. I began my "recovery" from Satan's trap (II Tim. 2:26) thirteen years ago when I unexpectedly came face to face with the "key to understanding the Bible" (Luke 11:52). My education and edification in God's program of grace has progressively stabilized my life just like God promised it would in Romans 16:25. May this blog be used of God to liberate the world's largest religious denomination---"ignorant brethren". (Rom. 1:13)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN

             


Today is a special day for me, my wife and our eight children. We celebrate the thirtieth birthday of our son, Kevin Timothy. While each family member will mark this day in his or her own desired way; I wanted to share with those who fellowship with me through this blog some special words of commendation that my son Kevin well deserves.

There are any number of things that Kevin has DONE that makes him worthy of praise: He lived his youth as an "example of the believer in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity". (I Timothy 4:12). He applied himself as a student and earned a Bachelor's degree from Valdosta State University. He has been gainfully employed since his teen years and at every level of his work history he has been the recipient of numerous citations for excellence from his superiors. He has used his ability to sing by participating with his brothers and sister in a musical group called Extended Grace. Their singing has garnered many awards and accolades over the years. He served as general contractor in the building of his own beautiful home; doing much of the work himself. And he has been a loving husband to his wife of one year.

Those are all things Kevin has done. I think you would have to agree he has put together a pretty impressive resume thus far. However, what makes Kevin special is WHO HE IS; not just what he has done. In retrospect perhaps we should have named him Timothy Kevin. Why? Because Kevin is a true biblical "Timothy". Kevin has embraced the special ministry of the Apostle Paul, the dispensation of the grace of God, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the ministry of reconciliation and the fellowship of the mystery. He is a grace believer; it is who he is. Finding your true identity in Jesus Christ is God's highest purpose in this life... That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: [18] The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, [19] And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Just like the biblical Timothy, who suffered broken relationships and endured personal slights because of the "heavenly vision" (Acts 26:19), Kevin has proved himself to be a "faithful steward of the mysteries of God" (I Cor. 4:1-2). Although Kevin is third in the birth order of our family, he has not been hesitant to assume the leadership in learning and proclaiming the TRUE GRACE OF GOD" (I Pet. 5:12). He is a wonderful example to his brothers and sister. 

Kevin means "attractive at birth" or "kind". And even though my wife and I had no concept of what it meant to be a grace believer thirty years ago, we have certainly seen Kevin live out the meaning of the name we gave him. His attractiveness and kindness has sped him on his way to becoming the kind of Timothy he will one day joyfully give an account to God for (I Cor. 3: 13). We could not be prouder of him for WHO HE IS.

Thanks Kevin for your fellowship in the revelation of the mystery. (Rom. 16:25-26) May God give us many more years of fruitful labor for Him before we give account of ourselves to Him.  












No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

number of visitors